What’s your New Year’s Resolution? When the holiday season ends, the lights are put away, the tree comes down, and the darkness of short winter days has arrived, “cabin fever” may start to hit you. When “cabin fever” is the ailment, we have ten good reasons to stay at Steeles Tavern B&B and Alpine Hideaway Cottages, cure your winter “blahs”, and keep a New Year’s resolution to treat yourself better.
- Breakfast is yummy. We use locally-sourced ingredients for our breakfasts – like flour from Wade’s Mill and fresh eggs from Redbud Ridge Farm. We can accommodate your special dietary restrictions – just let us know about your food allergies.
- You will be given personal attention: Your personal concierge is not just an employee but someone that lives in the area. Ask us about things to do, area restaurants, and special events in the area. We have probably experienced everything that we will recommend to you.
- It is a romantic getaway: Our Alpine Hideaway Cottages offer a special romantic getaway complete with hot tubs and fireplaces. You can add a package for even more romance and relaxation.
- Extra, unexpected luxuries: We provide luxury linens in all rooms and thirsty, fluffy towels in all the bathrooms. Each room has a gas or electric fireplace and hair dryers are available in each bathroom.
- Great Amenities: Free secure WiFi service is available so you can keep in touch with the outside world. Plush robes surround you with warmth and comfort. When you come in after a day of adventure, enjoy a chocolate chip cookie in your B&B room.
- You can get the privacy you desire OR meet other guests. For all the privacy you desire, choose one of our Alpine Hideaway Cottages. If look forward to meeting new people and talking about the day’s adventure, stay in the main Inn where you can gather with other guests at our social time each afternoon. Enjoy a glass of wine and a bite of locally-sourced cheese while you learn about other guests’ activities.
- More secure. Because we have fewer rooms than a hotel, we know who is and should be in the inn. Since we live here too, we want the Inn to be safe and secure for all our guests.
- We are located just off the beaten path. Our property is located along US Route 11 which was once a major travel route. Since I-81 runs parallel to US 11, we are now slightly off the major route which makes for a quieter location. If you travel on US 11 to either Staunton or Lexington, you can see the old homesteads and small villages that were important landmarks in Virginia’s history.
- Historic Significance. Steeles Tavern Manor is over 100 years old so this home holds many interesting stories. The fact that it sits adjacent to the Cyrus McCormick Farm adds to the historic significance of the property. Ask us about the history and the stories of this old home and the town also named Steeles Tavern.
- Inspected and Approved. Steeles Tavern Manor B&B and Alpine Hideaway Cottages is a proud member of Select Registry. We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable stay for you. We rely on word of mouth not just a review to continue to grow our business. We want you to experience the best stay ever so you will tell family and friends how much you enjoyed your stay at our Inn.
Be good to yourself in 2018. Give yourself permission to have a fantastic getaway at Steeles Tavern Manor B&B and Alpine Hideaway Cottages. It’s easy to fulfill at least one of your New Year’s Resolutions. If you stay between January 2 and March 15, 2018, you can enjoy special seasonal rates! Make your reservation today.