Today is Day 20 of 2014. How are you doing with the resolutions that you committed to? Or are you still working on your list? It seems like “lose weight” is our Number 1 resolution and always on everyone’s list, sometimes year after year.
January 1 starts all the commercials for Weight Watchers and other weight loss programs. The Sunday ads feature sales on fitness equipment and apparel. Gyms offer special prices to join and current members start their routines back up. Sound familiar?
Most people fail at keeping their resolution. Try doing something that you can actually keep. If you are looking for a new resolution try one of these….
- Rid yourself of enemies. Apologize for what you did wrong and forgive those who have wronged you. Wouldn’t it be a wonderful place if everyone liked everyone.
- Smile and say “hi” as you pass people by. Count how many people smile back. Every relationship you have ever had started with a greeting.
- Cross something off your bucket list. Sky dive, bungee jump, scuba dive, etc. Don’t make excuses as to why you can’t accomplish something.
- Strengthen relationships with family members. Blood is thicker than water.
- Turn off your smartphone at dinner. Try doing some “old fashion” face to face conversations.
- Conquer a fear.
- Help strangers. “Pay it forward,” by doing a good thing. It will make your day and their day.
- Getaway for a few days for some rest and relaxation. (Shenandoah Valley is a great spot for it!).
Pick one from the list. I bet you will be successful in attaining it rather than the weight loss goal!
Ray and Melissa