Lodging in the Heart of Shenandoah Valley
Tucked into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia lies Steeles Tavern Manor and Alpine Hideaway Cottages, a Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast. Innkeepers Melissa and Ray Alexander invite you to our property located on 50 picturesque acres in a peaceful country setting with a spring-fed pond, walking grounds, babbling creek and mountain views. Ideally situated midway between the country’s “Best Small Towns” of Staunton and Lexington, guests can visit many attractions such as Crabtree Falls and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Historic Lexington, Staunton’s theatre, renowned Central Virginia wineries, The Virginia Horse Center, Natural Bridge, antique shops, and hiking trails which all are within twenty to thirty miles of our property.
BED & BREAKFAST. Our 1916 built Virginian Manor Home has been converted to a lovely Bed & Breakfast with modern amenities. The Inn offers five spacious guest rooms and suites with gas or electric fireplaces, private baths with double Jacuzzi tubs, and modern amenities. The Inn’s decor offers a warm, relaxing environment and has a wine theme throughout the rooms with each guest room named for wine varietals native to Virginia. Guests are welcomed with Melissa’s STM Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies. YUM! Start your day with our early morning coffee before enjoying our hearty, first-class plated breakfasts made with many local ingredients. Our breakfast sausage and cheeses are from Mountain View Farm located in nearby Raphine. Our bacon and other meats are bought fresh from Donald’s Meat Processing in Lexington. We purchase our fruits, vegetables, and breads from local Farmers Markets in season. And our cinnamon raisin bread used in French Toast is delivered to us from our “local’ Bakery in Pittsburgh PA.
COTTAGES. Our Shenandoah Valley cottages are romantic “Hideaways”. They are spacious each having cathedral ceilings, pine walls and ceilings that give it a cozy comfort feeling as soon as you walk through the door. Each features outdoor hot tubs on private decks, double Jacuzzi tubs in the bathroom, gas fireplaces, WiFi, flat screen TVs with Direct TV service, full kitchens, and gas grills. Two romantic cottages perch atop the Blue Ridge overlooking green fields and blue mountains. The third cabin which is dog friendly nestles against a fishing pond and mountain pastures. Guests have the option to enjoy breakfast at Steeles Tavern Manor for an additional fee. See Breakfast section for more details.
Your day can include one or more activities in our area, or you may roam the grounds to enjoy views of our pond, cattle grazing in our hillside pasture, the rolling stream, or our in-ground swimming pool. After your day’s activities, please join us at the Wine Bar in our Social Room to enjoy a glass of Virginia wine or local microbrews and snack on some local cheese from Mountain View Farms (Raphine) or The Cheese Shop (Stuarts Draft). Relax and enjoy the warm hospitality. Feel free to share the experiences of your day with Melissa and Ray along with the other guests. Top the evening off with dinner at one of the many restaurants just minutes away in Lexington or Staunton. We can help with making recommendations or reservations at any restaurants in our area. Our guests feel pampered during their stay and well rested when their visit has ended.
MESSAGES from the MANOR :
Did you know………..we are located midway between Staunton VA & Lexington VA?
Visit Staunton VA.
- Attention History Buffs: Did you know Woodrow Wilson was born in Staunton? Visit our 28th President’s Library & Museum. Or spend a day at the Frontier Culture Museum learning about our early colonists. Upcoming events at the museum include Food Truck Battle (Sept 3).
- Wine Tasting at Ox Eye or enjoy a craft brew at Shenandoah Valley Brewing.
- Historic Staunton Foundation Walking Tour: Saturdays 10am-noon. 90 minute tour of Staunton’s art & culture.
- Trolley Ride Tour: Daily 10am-10pm. Don’t want to walk? Jump on the green tolley and take a narrated tour through downtown Staunton. Location: Staunton Visitor Center. It only costs $.25!
Visit Lexington VA.
- Experience the Southern downtown charm in Lexington’s historic district. Visit the quaint shops while strolling down Main Street and taste the cuisine at locally owned restaurants.
- Learn about Lexington’s history while taking a horse drawn carriage ride throughout the Historic District.
- Take a “Sunday” drive around the area. Whether on a motorcycle or car, follow the Rockbridge Rides Routes to discover wonderful scenic rides.
- Taste local VA Wines & Craft Beer at the annual Rockbridge Beer & Wine Festival held on Saturday Sept 30.
Did you know Route 11 runs through Lexington (south of us) and Staunton (to the north of us)? We are located on N Lee Hwy also known as Route 11. And did you know Route 11 runs parallel with Interstate 81? So enjoy a country road ride with a scenic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains on your drive to Staunton or Lexington!
SUMMER SPECIAL. Don’t let the summer go by without a trip to Steeles Tavern Manor & Alpine Hideaway Cottages. Stay 2 or more nights midweek in August and receive 15% off the lodging rate. Offer good on new reservations made in August and expires 8/31/17 so make your reservation soon!
Hope to see you all soon!
Ray, Melissa & Bacchus